Thursday, August 20, 2015

First Week!

Hi, I have no idea how to "blog" so enjoy.

I left my house for the airport around 3:50 am to catch my flight to Thailand. We finally made it to Phichit, Thailand about 40 hours later. We got to our hotel at like 7 am and we we all exhausted. We went over to the school at that point to meet the old teachers and watch them teach. The second we walked in the school, all the little Thai kids came up to us and gave us hugs. It was the cutest thing in the whole world!

Monday was our first day of teaching. It was rough. It was a struggle to control my kids and I had too much time for my lessons. Every day teaching has gotten better and the kids get cuter every day. One of my favorites is a little girl named Nellie and she is in pre-k. She is the cutest thing you have ever seen and it's so funny because her grandparents drop her off at the classroom everyday and they take a million pictures. Haha so far they have done that every day and I guess they do that all the time. They are in love with her. But it's okay because she really is that cute.

There are so many other cute kids! I'm in love with most of them when they are actually tame and sweet. There is one boy, Jose, and he is from Spain so no one really knows what he is doing in Thailand, but he doesn't speak Thai or English so he never really talks but he is the most adorable little handful. He is a struggle to control in class but he has a look that helps him get away with most things. He's pretty adorable. 

Today I did an activity where my class made bees out of paper from the Winnie the Pooh book and it was so fun because they loved it! Here is a picture of my last class of the day. In this pic we have Ma Prang, Gow, Note and Day-Wan and another girl and I forgot her name.

Also here is a pic of me at the bag drink stand a bike ride away and we have gone there almost everyday. It's only 25 baht for a giant delicious drink! 

XOXO,
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment